SIGN OUR GUEST BOOK smi_oldboys@yahoo.com

OUR SCHOOL RALLY


Sunday, February 22, 2009

My story in SMI #1

In my 11 years in St. Michael's, the experiences are uncountable, but I really like to pen down just a few remarkable ones.......

1) the Canteen....food courts nowadays cannot beat the canteen during my time in the school.....
the kerepok lekor, the mee kari, the kacang putih, the 5 cents sambal fish cake at the nasi lemak stall and the list goes on and on.........




the current canteen in SMI

2) the fact that when we go into morning school in form 3, all students go for art lesson with the famous Mr. Timothy Chee......man..., wasn't he simply amazing....I remember the days when he used to just water paint a beautiful scenery in just 1 paintbrush..........


Master Timothy Chee...picture from peterkhiew's blog

3) Another wonderful experience had was participating in school play in my Fourth form. It was King of Sherwood '92, the practices, the number of songs we had to memorize, the facial expressions and finally the 3 days of play.....it was a great experience that i will never ever forget......

these are just a few of the many memorable experiences I had in my Alma Mater..............Thank you my Alma Mater,

Thank you St. Michaels....

By Krishna Kumar-Michaelian Batch 1993

3 comments:

AloBoy said...

the sambal fish cake by pak mat nasi lemak was so delicious...and then the nasi lemak plus the curry gravy...till now i still remember that nasi lemak...

and then the burger stall...the roti canai....and the 10 cent a cup of orange...bigger cup was 20cents...

King of Sherwood was my first drama i watched...in 1992(form 1)..the next year..wizard of oz...form 1 & form 2 can watched the performance free...

Mr. Timothy Chee was also my art teacher..

Peter Khiew said...

Keeping the bond alive is note-worthy. There are Michaelians who still have the passion to keep the spirit alive by wearing Michaelian necktie in their places of work at least once a week. There's one, Thomas, who wears green ties everyday. Such outstanding and endearing old boy. We must continue to strengthen the link and keep the ethos alive.

AloBoy said...

yes Mr. Peter Khiew...
me and my Michaelians friends had a discussion among us...
we would like to wear SMI neck tie...probably on one specific day..perhaps on Wednesday...
but where can we buy the neck tie?

and is there any neck tie which specifically designed for the old boys?
coz maybe the school tie is only suits for the students but not for the old boys...